More ideas to keep your wedding budget in check...
8 months to go
• Make your invitations, place cards, menus and order-of-service sheets yourself: your guests will love the personal touch.
• Be consistent: Opt for the same design across all stationery.
• Ask what's necessary: Limit order-of-service sheets to one for every two guests, while a few menus per table will suffice.
• Proofread before printing: Check it carefully to avoid costly mistakes.
• Use postcard RSVPs: You won't need an envelope and they'll be cheaper to post.
• Get high-tech: Create a wedding website and include the link on your invitations; refer guests to it for directions, maps and other useful information.
• Look for practical solutions: 'Place name cards wrapped around a napkin look decorative and serve a purpose too,' says Carol Richardson at Confetti.