More ideas to keep your wedding budget in check at the 7 month mark...
• Lose them: Don't feel you have to have them (most get left behind anyway).
• Have a candy bar instead: It's more fun and kids will love it too. Fill glass bowls with sweets that match your colour scheme (try www.sweetjunkie.com or www.chocolatebuttons.co.uk), provide scoops and bags and invite guests to help themselves.
• Think outside the box: Pile favour boxes on your tables - you'll save on expensive centrepieces.
• Let them eat cake: Box up your cake as gifts instead of favours.
• Make them yourself: Buy sweets or chocolates in bulk, plus material and ribbon (www.theribboncompany.com has lots of designs) and have the girls round for a favour-making session.
• Do your research: 'Etsy (www.etsy.com) is a fabulous website filled with a vast array of stylish handmade goodies often at unbeatable prices. You'll find everything from accessorises and stationery to cake toppers and favours,' says wedding planner Zoe Lingard.
• 'Write a poem for each guest or buy a Lottery ticket,' says Marie Haverly at Isabella Weddings.