More ideas to keep your wedding budget in check...
4 months to go
• Keep it short and sweet: Swap the weekend city break for a chic, wallet-friendly bash, such as afternoon tea or a dinner party rounded off with champagne and silly games.
• Take a class: Book a dance lesson such as burlesque or the can-can (www.polestars.net) or take a group cookery class.
• Have an at-home singathon: Staying in is the new going out - have the girls round for cocktails, cupcakes and karaoke (stream tracks for free through www.luckyvoice.com).
3 months to go
• Don't be afraid to ask for money: List the items you hope to buy so guests feel they are contributing to something specific.
• Set up a honeymoon fund: Include holiday activities and excursions on your gift list.