The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress has drawn a record number of visitors to Buckingham Palace since going on display earlier this year.

More than 600,000 people have paid their £17.50 tickets to go and see the Alexander McQueen dress designed by Sarah Burton.

The previous record was a whopping 420,000 visitors back in 1994, when the Palace first opened to the public.

Despite breaking palace records, and former rumours, the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress will not be going on display again anytime soon.

"The wedding dress will return to storage following the Summer Opening at Buckingham Palace, on the basis of curatorial advice," a spokesperson from Clarence House said this morning. "The Duchess, having received expert advice, is keen to ensure that the dress survives undamaged for as long as possible, and so this inevitably means limiting the number of times that it is transported or displayed."

The exhibition was popular despite the Queen's initial reaction to it, when she referred to the display as 'very creepy'.

The 73-day-long exhibition, which closed to the public on Monday, is said to have raised over £10 million from ticket sales. Most of the money will go towards maintaining the Royal Collection buildings and art.

THE ROYAL WEDDING IN PICTURES

SAPPHIRES ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

MORE ICONIC GALLERIES: THE ROYALS

What did you think of the exhibition? Leave your comments below or join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.