Ahhhh, it sounded like a breeze of a commission. One fashion director and her crew, sent to Devizes in the Wiltshire countryside to shoot some beautifully loose bridal looks at the stunning organic Mill Farm (check it out - they do weddings, millfarmglamping.co.uk). And then nature got in the way…
Here are some of the things we learned on our 'Escape to the Country' shoot on page 238 of the November/December 2013 issue:
1. If you pick up a hen, then you can expect to get pooed on.
2. You can spend hours coaxing naughty twin donkeys, Pebbles and Rocky, with the contents of your M&S picnic - only to watch them canter off just when the photo is set up. The more mature and patient Mono saved the day.
3. A cute gaggle of geese will not walk in like Beatrix Potter-style behind your model no matter how nicely you ask.
4. Photographer Nicole Nodland could never live in the country. The smell inside the cowshed was just too much for her to bear and the cute calk shot had to be abandoned.
5. Before you send your model into a field of cows, check where the bull is.
6. Eight adult crew members were not enough to catch the farm's pet rabbit - but one eight-year-old guest was.
7. Some of the crew don't know how to climb over a stile…
8. … but boy do they love a tractor ride!
The November/December 2013 issue of Brides is out now!