The best foundation, like bras and jeans, is for most of us particularly difficult to shop for. Light coverage, heavy coverage, pink undertones, yellow undertones, liquid, powder, cushion, mousse... the list of what goes in to the best foundation and face base goes on. We tried 30 of the best foundation formulas on the market today to bring you the very best for your wedding makeup look on your big day. When finding the best foundation for you, don't forget these top tips: <Br/> <Br/>
1. Always try a foundation in store. It's extremely tricky to colour match yourself from photos on the internet, so pop to a beauty counter to get colour matched. Companies like Estee Lauder even have special gadgets to pull out your perfect foundation shade. <Br/> <Br/>
2. Never buy a foundation straight after trying it. Allow it to 'cook' on your face for 20-30 minutes before making a decision. And harsh deparment store lighting paired with any oxidisation that may occur means the foundation may look different once it's sat on your face. <Br/> <Br/>
3. Not sure? Ask a makeup artist at the counter to apply a full face of foundation, then reasses the situation just before you go to bed. Or, don't be afraid to ask for a sample so you can have a go at applying yourself at home. <Br/> <Br/>
4. Don't be fooled by the price tag: the most expensive foundations aren't always the best. Yes, there is one particularly good one that costs £149 (and is well worth the money) but others we tried around the £100 mark didn't make the cut. <Br/> <Br/>
5. Take reviews with a pinch of salt. It might seem like we're shooting ourselves in the foot, but every skin is different and everone looks for different things in their perfect foundation. Be guided by them, but ultimately what works for you must be your decision.