I love this teaser facade on Clarins' new pop-up beauty shop, opening this week.
Pop-up shops don't usually get me excited: there's never much to do and it's all just a bit of hot marketing air. However, this one does because there's plenty on offer and it's geared towards skincare newbies who don't want to commit to buying before they've had some professional guidance (ideal if you're shelling out for a wedding and can't afford to make a mistake). It opens on Thursday Feb 17 for nine days. Here's what you'll get when you visit:
- A sneak peek at the new Daily Energizer skincare range. I've actually had a preview myself: there's a selection of three moisturisers (gel-cream, lotion or cream) plus a great cleanser and toner all designed to perk up city-dulled skin and prevent ageing. It's affordable and feels gorgeous on the skin, and it visibly brightens one's complexion. Tick tick tick!
- Free skincare advice and samples. Having a professional beauty therapist give you personalised advice is absolutely essential before making any kind of purchase. Take advantage girls.
- Free facials! Seriously! Every day, there will be six free appointments available for a fabulous 40-minute Energy Recharger facial (on a first come basis) plus 12 more slots with a £10 redeemable booking fee.
- Guest appearances by two of my favourite beauty gurus. On Wednesday Feb 23, from 1-6pm, meet celebrity tanning expert James Read for his amazing tricks and tips. On Thursday Feb 24, from 1-6pm, meet celebrity nail technician David Barton for nail advice and mini manicures.
- More freebies! Apart from the excellent facials, advice and guests, there's a complimentary Juice & Cappuccino Bar plus a brilliant Clarins' canvas shopping bag that's yours for free when you purchase any of the new products.
My advice? Aim for a morning slot to avoid the lunchtime rush and make sure you test out the Daily Energizer Gel-Cream - it's a perfect summer wedding day moisturiser because it sinks straight in and primes skin for make-up.
Clarins Pop-Up shop: 10a Blandford Street, London W1U 4AZ (020 73076798). From Thursday February 17 until Saturday February 26 2011. See the full Clarins range at www.clarins.com