As the days are growing shorter and the temperature continues to drop, we need to prepare our skin against the dull effects of the cold. We asked celebrity airbrush makeup artist, Mariam Jensen, to share her top five tips for the frosty weather...
1. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids to keep skin hydrated - best to keep a bottle of water with you at all times, this will ensure you keep up your fluid intake.
2. Oil up: Unless your skin is very oily and congested, switch from gel cleansers to oil based or cream cleansers. Oil based cleansers won't strip your skin whilst melting makeup and impurities. Try Nude Cleansing Facial Oil, it's mineral oil-free and has a gorgeous scent of Jasmine and Gardenia for an uplifting start and end to each day.
3. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate: Keep your skin from looking dull by exfoliating regularly. Keep an exfoliator in the shower and apply once a week for good skin, or every three days if it needs a boost. Try the new Pukka Ayurveda Nourishing Brightener, a gentle exfoliator that can be made into a paste with water or your favourite cleanser and leaves your skin soft, supple, and gorgeous.
4. Sleeping Beauty: After a hot summer and extreme weather, your skin needs pampering and a good night cream is the best way to do it! Dr. Lewinns Ultra R4 Regenerative Night Cream helps hydrate the skin, while plumping and firming - diminishing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dehydration. The texture is gorgeous, rich, but not overtly heavy or greasy. When you wake up in the morning your skin feels hydrated, soft and nourished.
5. Radience Boost: For skin lacking a bit of sparkle, try Dr Lewinns Instant Beauty Radiance Booster. It's multi-purpose and can be used as a moisturiser, primer, and even wipe-off hydrating mask. The key ingredient in the product is Aloe Vera which helps hydrate, firm, and heal the skin.
Mariam Jensen is make-up artist to the stars; for more details consultation, call +44 (0)7977 040570 or visit www.mariamjensen.com