In the mad rush of make-up, hair, dress zippers and bouquets, don't forget these brilliant on-the-day things to remember by wedding planner Marie Haverly at Isabella Weddings (www.isabellaweddings.co.uk)
1. Reserve seats: block off the front seats at the ceremony for your bridal party and make sure the ushers know where to direct people.
2. Guard your gifts: appoint someone to collect your gifts and transport them safely home after the reception. This also goes for any hired suits; ask a trusted family member or friend to return these for you while you're away.
3. Schedule your exit: at the reception make sure guests know when you're leaving. Some people like to have a focused time to depart and may feel unsure when is polite to leave if you are partying until the end.
4. Bag it up: pack a small essentials bag with lipstick, face powder, tissues, nail polish, cash (for tips etc), mobile phone and mints. Ask your maid-of-honour to carry it when you can't.
5. Eat: while you're getting ready, don't forget to have lunch (or brunch if you're having an early ceremony), or you risk the reception drinks going straight to your head. Don't forget to feed your suppliers too: a hungry DJ won't thank you at midnight! And ask someone to save you a favour and a piece of cake; you want to ensure you get a taste of them.