We all know the nursery rhyme The Grand Old Duke of York, but did you know Allerton Castle was the site where his '10,000 men' constructed a hill topped by his majestic Temple of Victory which looks down over this castle?
Today the 118th-century Gothic mansion is now a fairytale wedding venue beloved for its romantic decor and spacious grounds.
For a grand and glamorous wedding, there's no grander ceremony and reception space than Allerton's Great Hall, with its 50ft-high vaulted ceiling, oak-panelled walls and a red-carpeted central staircase for that all-important entrance.
After the ceremony, the opulent silk-wallpapered Drawing Room will also make for lovely group shots if the British weather keeps you indoors. And if the weather permits, guests can enjoy drinks, canapés and entertainment in the beautiful Memorial Garden and Reflection Pool.
Allerton Castle does not have in-house catering, but can recommend fantastic local catering companies to suit your taste and budget.
Why we recommend Allerton Castle
- 25 acres of grounds and gardens
- Picturesque castle wedding venue
- Opulent carpeted staircase and Gothic Ceiling in the Great Hall
- In-house event manager
- Outdoor fireworks permitted
- Accommodation onsite for bride and groom and close relatives
- up to 120 guests for civil ceremonies and 120 guests for evening receptions