Wedsites are so popular these days - especially for couples with guests coming from abroad, or those getting married in a remote location where lists of nearby accommodation and travel details are essential. In a nutshell, it's a website where your guests can go to find ALL the information about your wedding. Wedding websites contain all the need-to-knows your guests will ask: where the venue is, the timings of your wedding day, local accommodation, dress codes and bar information. Essentially, it's the FAQs of your big day; a way to stop those endless phonecalls that you just don't need when you're trying to plan a wedding!
The best part? Long gone are the days of twee website designs and cheesy illustrations: you can make yours as stylish, simple or elaborate as your want and choose every single detail, right down to the font, borders and chapters. Anyone would think you've got a sideline business a web developer.
As well as all the essential information (such as gift list details, flight options and nearby hotels), the best wedding websites allow you to add galleries of guest photos (so families can meet each other in cyberspace before the big day) and create a hen/stag section with a secret password for those attending. You can even start your own wedding blog and share your planning progress with your guests!
Our favourite bespoke free wedding websites with the Brides seal of approval? Here are just a few we love:
1. Getting Married www.gettingmarried.co.uk - A completely free wedding website that's super easy to use and allows you to build a bespoke website in minutes.
2. World Wide Wedding www.worldwidewedding.com - With packages starting from £29.95 (where you pay for a huge amount of storage space and a wider range of designs), this wedding website is well worth the money.
3. Wix www.wix.com - Wix isn't just for wedding websites, but this does-all site builder is one of our favourotes. Free, easy and with a seriously slick and professional edge, this is the techy couple's website builder of choice.
4. Luv Birds www.luvbirds.com - A wedding website in 60 seconds? Yes, it's possible. If computers aren't your forte, this is the one for you.
5. Wedding Planner www.weddingplanner.co.uk - Functionalities included a wedding planning checklist plus a budget and guest list tracker. This site will save both time and stress.