Add a touch of rustic romance to your tablecentres with our step-by-step guide...
7 assorted sweet potato vine leaves
5 heuchera leaves
5 stems of rudbeckias
3 spray roses
8 stems of yarrow
1 round metal tin
1. Place a ball of chicken wire in the bottom of the tin - this will hold your flowers in place.
2. Begin by adding most of the sweet potato vine and heuchera leaves, letting them fall over the rim. Set aside a few leaves to add at the end.
3. Trim and add half of the carnation, dahlia, and rudbeckia stems next to each other around the rim, then fill the centre with the remaining large flowers to form a low, domed shape.
4. Next, add the spray roses to fill any large gaps between the other flowers. Trim so that the bottom of the blooms sit at the top of the flowers below to create a layered look.
5. Finish by trimming and adding a few clusters of yarrow and the remaining sweet potato vine and heuchera leaves.
Extracted from The Flower Recipe Book: 100 Magical, Sculptural, Seasonal Arrangements by Althea Harampolis and Jill Rizzo; Artisan, £17.99 and featured in the November/December 2013 issue of Brides