Maybe you can’t think of anything to say, or maybe you’ve so many ideas that you don’t know where to start, or what’s appropriate. Should you make your message short and sweet or Pulitzer-worthy? Deep and meaningful or light and witty? Because whilst the tone and content of your card might be a no-brainer when it’s for a close friend or family member (hello, in-jokes, nicknames and words from the heart), it’s not always so easy to hit the right note when it comes to crafting a message for your boss, a distant relative or a new acquaintance.
So, to help you get it spot on, we looked to the card experts at Hallmark for a collection of failsafe greetings – be they funny, formal, serious or cute – to help you stop stressing and start scribbling!
What to write in an informal wedding card:
- This calls for congratulations! (And probably Champagne!)
- Congrats, [names]! It’s so great to see two awesome people like you getting married. Love and best wishes always!
- I predict cute babies.
- It makes us so happy to see the two of you so happy. Congratulations!
- You guys are great together! So happy for you!
- You’ll always remember this day. Hope it’s even more beautiful and perfect than you’ve been dreaming, and just the start of a lifetime that just gets better and better.
- Prayers and blessings on your wedding and on your marriage.
- Two become one – what a beautiful thing. Congratulations!
- Hope you’ll always find yourselves as much in love as you are today. (We suggest date nights and lots of them!)
- Congratulations, [names]! It means so much to be a part of your big day!
- We’re thrilled to be celebrating with you! Let’s get this wedding party started!
What to write in a formal wedding card:
- Congratulations on your wedding day and best wishes for a happy life together!
- It means so much to witness the joy of your wedding day. Congratulations to you both on finding the perfect person to share all your days with.
- Feeling so much joy for the two of you as you join your lives in marriage!
- We hope you can feel all the happiness surrounding you on your wedding day!
- Seeing you two make promises and step forward into the future is so inspiring and wonderful.
- If ever two people deserved a sweet, meaningful, joyful wedding day, it’s the two of you.
- I just know life has even more wonderful things in store than the happiness you share today. May every day be beautiful and happy for you as a couple.
What to write if you can’t make the wedding
- Congratulations on your big day, [names]! Wish we could be there to see it.
- I wish I could be at your wedding to give you both a hug and tell you how happy
I am for you.
- With you in spirit as you join hands and hearts and lives for always.
- Thinking of you both with love on your wedding day.
- Our warmest thoughts and wishes are with you as you celebrate your marriage.