More ideas to keep your wedding budget in check at the 10 month mark...
• Be flexible: You have more chance of securing a good deal. Early bookings attract savings; or take a risk and leave it as late as possible.
• Cash in on your newlywed status: When you book, mention that it's a honeymoon - there may be special offers and upgrades available.
• Do a house swap: You'll just need to pay for your flights and food. Check out homeexchange.com and guardianhomeexchange.co.uk.
• Have a staycation: Close the curtains, unplug the phone and spend a week holed up together at home.
• Book a mini-moon: Can't afford a three-week holiday to the Maldives? Enjoy a few nights in a nice hotel and save the honeymoon for your anniversary.