A huge congratulations to friends Minna and Charlie who tied the knot on New Year's Eve and became Mr & Mrs Burrell. Their wedding venue was transformed into a beautiful winter wonderland, and here are some styling tips for winter brides who also want to make their reception space sparkle:
- Choose winter flowers including amaryllis, anenomes and roses teamed with eucalyptus and snow-sprayed branches. Arrange in tall vases filled with faux snow for a Narnia-inspired setting. Get in touch with Neil Birks at NB Flowers (www.nbflowers.co.uk)
- Decorate your tabletops with tea lights and keep main overhead lighting low. Sprinkle glitter over the tablecloths so that they glisten and tie your napkins with metallic ribbon. Prop place cards in mini silver bauble holders from Cox and Cox (www.coxandcox.co.uk)
- Make the most of your venue entrance by surrounding the doorway with fairy lights and oversized storm lanterns. Use white Starcloth to cover unsightly walls or unused space (www.blackout-ltd.com). It will create a twinkly backdrop for your wedding photos.
- Choose wedding stationery with a wintery motive. The laser-cut snowflake design from Cutture (pictured) will wow your guests (www.chartula.co.uk) and use a silver pen to write the addresses on the envelopes.
- Serve mulled wine, Moscow Mule cocktails and apple cider to warm your guests, along with warm roasted nuts and hot canapés before sitting down for your main meal (www.rarefood.com). Ask your cake designer to add edible silver or gold lustre to your cake so it shimmers.