We're head over heels for our latest cover model, appropriately named Honey (cute!) and we're even more in love with her flawless, gorgeous make-up expertly applied by the talented and lovely Chase Aston. As the International Make-up Artist and Spokesperson for The Body Shop, he shows us that there's no need to spend a fortune on designer make-up to look good. Here he gives his step-by-step guide to getting Honey's cover look using the latest Body Shop make-up range "Baked to Last", out in shops now:
(1) Using a foundation brush and The Body Shop Moisture Foundation, start from the centre of the face and smooth and blend the foundation outwards and down, along the jaw-line and onto the neck. Then using a large Face & Body brush, lightly dust pressed powder all over to set.
(2) Using the Baked To Last Eye-Colour 01-Copper, apply the lighter shade to the lids, starting from the lash-line up to the crease of the eye, past the outer corners, and underneath the lower lashes all around the eyes. Now using the darker shade, blend along the top lash-line, along the crease of the eye and brow bone, the outer quarter corners of the top and bottom eye-lids.
(3) Take a fine tipped eye-liner brush and the Baked To Last Eye-Colour 02-Moonstone. Using the dark shade, start from the inner corner of the top eyelid, draw a fine line along the top lash-line as close to the lashes as possible, draw the line up and out past the outer corner of the eye, then using the silver shimmering shade smooth under the arch of the brow to highlight.
(4) Using the Brow & Liner Kit 02, shape, shade and define brows with short feathery strokes, then comb through a clear brow gel to set.
(5) Curl the lashes then take the Big & Curvy Mascara in Black, hold the brush at the base of the lashes, then gently zig-zag the wand from side to side as you slowly draw the mascara up through the lashes to the tips. Allow the first coat to dry before re-applying.
Top Tip: apply mascara to the lower lashes first and allow to dry, this will ensure wet mascara does not transfer to the top eye-lids, and avoid any messy mascara mistakes.
(6) Using the Baked To Last Cheek Colour 01-Petal, swirl a blusher brush across the palette over both shades, tap off any excess powder, now softly smile and blend onto the apple of the cheeks, and up and along cheek bones, then using the lighter 'highlighter' shade in the palette, smooth onto the highest point of the cheek bones and temples, blending to a sheer seamless wash of colour.
(7) Now take the Lip & Cheek Stain in 01-Rose Pink, and smooth over a clean bare lip for a sheer long lasting rosy stain, you can re-apply and layer the lip stain to build up the depth of colour. Then apply Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm in 03-Berry Crush all over lips.
(8) Finally, spritz The Body Shop's brand new Love Etc! perfume all over to complete the dream.
Discover the Baked To last range at www.thebodyshop.co.uk.